Almond Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Who else loves chicken nuggets?
Imagine if you could make HEALTHY ONES that taste just as good!? You can! Recipe from my Cycle 2.0 meal plan!🍟🍗
This Almond-Crusted Chicken Nuggets recipe is easy to make, they’re baked and not fried, and they’re full of delicious almond flavour!
MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- 170 grams of whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water or milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ pounds (raw) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Add almonds to a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until the almonds are finely ground.
- Add the ground almonds into a small bowl, along with the salt, smoked paprika, black pepper and garlic powder. Whisk to combine. Taste, and season with extra salt and pepper or seasonings if desired. (This will be the main flavoring for your nuggets, so make sure it tastes like you want it to!)
- In a second bowl, whisk together the egg and water (or milk) until combined.
- In a third bowl, add the flour.
- Now set up your assembly line for coating the chicken nuggets — (1st) chicken, (2nd) flour, (3rd) egg, (4th) almonds, (5th) baking sheet.
- Dip a piece of the chicken completely in the flour until it is completely coated, shaking off the excess flour. Then dip the chicken in the egg until completely coated, then dip it in the almond mixture, then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, flipping the nuggets once halfway through cooking. (If you want a crispier coating, you can bake the chicken for 6-8 minutes, then turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp up the crust. Just watch the chicken carefully so that the almond crust does not burn, and be sure that the chicken is cooked through on the inside.)
- Remove and serve immediately with your desired dipping sauce.