'Guilt Free' Lean Beef Curry and Rice
Who else LOVES a takeaway? (Yeah, me too!). The first thing when thinking of 'clean eating' is, " So can i still have my favourite takeaways?". In fact... We can!
This clean takeaway version of the Indian favourite is packed with Super filling veggies to fill you up for longer. We have replaced full fat cream for yoghurt, and white rice for brown!
Prep time: 30 mins
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean rump or sirloin steak
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 250g mushrooms, halved
- 275ml beef stock
- 200g dried basmati brown rice
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Spray a saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes. Cut the steak into strips, add to the pan with the red peppers and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and mix well.
- Peel and chop the squash and stir into the pan with the mushrooms. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions and drain.
- Serve the curry drizzled with yogurt and scattered with coriander, with rice on the side.
Tip: The curry can be placed in the freezer, and reheated another day!