I believe in working hard during the year, training hard, eating clean during the week and playing out on holiday! ☀️
I mean, what’s better in life than being drunk with your mates on a beach, getting a tan with a cocktail in your hand 🍸 right?
TOP TIPS ON NOT GOING CRAZY WITH CALORIES ON HOLIDAY👇🏼
1.) Personally, I eat less or no carbs on holiday! Reason? Most people indirectly eat them in anyway. So why double them up? E.g I cut out bread, pasta and rice. I eat more fruit on holiday (carbs) and higher calories including ice cream, desserts and cocktails. Usually I don’t put any weight on doing this! Just make sure your protein and good fats are high.
2) After 1 or 2 espresso martinis/margaritas, I switch to vodka based cocktails, vodka soda lime or gin & tonic with lime. 1 cocktail can contain up to 200+ calories!
3) Stay hydrated! 💦 We all retain the water we have, if it’s not replaced. Making us look or feel ‘bloated’ & puffy! I drink up to 2-3 litres per day. Even in between drinking alcohol! 🍸
3) No added salt! I don’t add ANY salt in my food! Reason? Foreign countries are already high in sodium in anyway. Better for the heart & less 💦retention!
4) Keep ‘cleaner’ snacks in your room for later. Avoid the drunken stumble into your room with the munchies & raiding the fridge! Grab the banana or nuts! (We’ve all been there!)
5) Try going for a swim, a walk to the shop or 🚲 ride to burn off few naughty cals!
Hope this helps! My next holiday is Barcelona! Where are you off?