The Easiest Smoked Salmon Omelette
This super filling omelette, is low carb and full of goodness! Try making a big batch and dividing it for either breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack for the whole family to enjoy!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cals per slice: 150 cals
- 3 eggs, separated
- 75g reduced fat plain soft cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g smoked salmon trimmings, roughly chopped
- A small handful each of fresh dill and chives, finely chopped, reserving a few chives to garnish
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Whisk the egg yolks and cream cheese until smooth, then season well. Add the smoked salmon and herbs and stir. In a large, clean glass bowl, whisk the egg whites using an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form soft peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Spray a small, ovenproof frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, then place over a medium-high heat. Using a large metal spoon, quickly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites, then pour into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a palette knife and grill for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the omelette to a plate, scatter over the reserved chives and serve.
Tip: If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve with at least half a plate of mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, diced cucumber and spring onion