THE MOST AWESOME CHICKEN AND TOMATO SOUP
Not fancying a heavy meal? This delicious soup is quick and easy! Ready to cook in less than 30 mins!
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 lean back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the onion, carrots and bacon in a large non-stick saucepan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, stock, rosemary and lemon zest and juice. Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.